Thursday, March 15, 2018

For those who missed the show

Only 620 genies were able to attend the main event on the Australasian geneacalendar last weekend in Sydney. Those of use who attended #Congress_2018 (or the15th Australasian Congress on Genealogy and Heraldry) were treated to an educational extravaganza by a bevy of the best local and overseas speakers.

Quite a number of genies have blogged or shared videos about their experiences at Congress. In this post I will share links to those public posts I have found so that you can learn about what happened at Congress.

Genies at the Opening Ceremony HIgh Tea
I made a few little videos and posted them on my Youtube Channel here.

Queensland Family History Society posted a video here: https://spark.adobe.com/video/VoEWV8DezZ9cm?w=_6542

Lisa Louise Cooke shared her Animoto video https://animoto.com/play/lAxCxS7gd3t15ul5PfsGsQ

Cheney Brew has shared her Traversing Trove presentation
 http://help.nla.gov.au/sites/default/files/Traversing_Trove.pdf


These bloggers have already written reports and, as the dust settles, I expect more to write. I will continue to add to this list.

Alona Tester at Lonetester HQ
Congress 2018 – It Begins

Chez at Links in a Chain
15th Australasian Congress on Genealogy and Heraldry

Chris W and Martyn Killion - The Killion, Quinn and Hand Families of Port Macquarie and Kempsey
The Killions go to Congress 2018

Emily Peace at Diary of a Young Genealogist
Preparing for Congress
Congress 2018 from a Newbie's Perspective

Fiona Coyte at Story2bfound
Sydney Congress

Gayle at GY Genealogy
https://gvgenealogy.wordpress.com/2018/03/13/reflections-on-congress2018/

Jill Ball at GeniAus
A Sense of Community
A True Introvert
I just ran out of puff
Bloggers a plenty at Congress_2018

John at OZ John's Genealogy (New blog started at Congress)
The 15th Australasian Congress on Genealogy and Heraldry

Lilian Magill at Lilian's Tree
My Congress 2018, Days 3 and 4
My Congress 2018. Dinner
My Congress 2018, Days 1 and 2.
My Congress 2018. Pre-Congress.

Lilian Magill at Research by Lily
Congress 2018.

Maggie at IwiKiwi
Congress 2018 is here!
Congress 2018 ~ the good, the not so good, and the even better

Mel - Just do it Blog (New blog started at Congress)
Three W's - who, what and why

Pauleen Cass at Family History across the Seas
Congress 2018 Learning
Having fun at Congress 2018

Sharon Brennan at The Tree of Me
Bridging the Past and Future - Congress 2018

Ruth Standring at Family Fractals
#Congress_2018 – Bridging Past and Future

Shauna Hicks at Diary of an Australian Genealogist


Shelley Crawford at Twigs of Yore
Congress 2018 wrap-up

Sue Wyatt at O'er the seas we go
Congress Day 1
Congress Day 2

If you know of any other Congress reports please let me know and I will add them to this list.


7 comments:

GV Genealogy said...

Here's my blog post on #Congress2018: https://gvgenealogy.wordpress.com/2018/03/13/reflections-on-congress2018/. I have to catch up on reading blogs from other participants. Those I have read have been great! Gayle

GeniAus said...

Taa. Will add tomorrow.

Shelley Crawford said...

Thanks Jill, a great collection of links. A few I need to catch up on!

Louis Kessler said...

I think you're showing the highest ratio of bloggers to attendees of any genealogy conference, anywhere, and that includes RootsTech. Lot's of bloggers Down Under!

GeniAus said...

Thanks Louis - I had the bloggers register and there were over 50/620.

Maureen said...

Trove has published a link to Cheney Brew’s presentation on Traversing Trove:
http://help.nla.gov.au/sites/default/files/Traversing_Trove.pdf

GeniAus said...

Thanks Maureen - will add.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...