Thursday, March 1, 2018

Relatives at Rootstech?


One of the fun activities at the Media Dinner last night (and when in the Salt Palace for Rootstech) that ties in with the theme of the Rootstech) conference is "Relatives at Rootstech."  Like a good little Ambassador I made sure I had downloaded a few generations of ancestors to my Familysearch Family Tree and that I had the latest version of the Familysearch mobile app on my new phone.

The idea of this is that when you are within the walls of the Salt Palace you open the app, give it permission to connect with your Relatives at Rootstech and it does a little bit of searching to find cousins for you. All around the room at the dinner people were getting excited. Some of my mates were related to Steve Rockwell and David Rencher from Familysearch, most people had some cousins, some people had many but poor old GeniAus had none.

In spite of not finding any connections via the app when I am at Rootstech I connect with may kindred spirits at Rootstech) and feel that I belong in the Rootstech) family.

3 comments:

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Wouldn’t it have been exciting to find a rellie?! Like you it’s the mates I meet who make RootsTech for me.

Crissouli said...

I have included your blog in INTERESTING BLOGS in FRIDAY FOSSICKING at

https://thatmomentintime-crissouli.blogspot.com/2018/03/friday-fossicking-2nd-march-2018-bumper.html
Thanks, Chris

GeniAus said...

All is not lost Rosemary Mackenzie found a few.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...